In addition to making sure you have a great air filtration system installed, and regularly change your air filter there are additional steps you can take to make sure that your indoor air
quality is always the best. One of our favorites is houseplants. Not only do they increase the indoor air quality within your home, studies have also shown that they can lower stress levels and brighten moods. And they certainly make the home
greener, adding attractive life around the home. But some plants are better at purifying air than others. Here are a few of our favorites to keep in the home to maximize that fresh air boost.
1. - Spider Plant: Very easy to grow, as well as to propagate, as when it gets bigger it will send out little baby spider plants, this partial sun loving houseplant favorite also removes
formaldehyde and xylene from the environment.
2. - Bamboo Palm: This plant prefers partial shade, making it a great choice for indoor growing. It removes benzene and formaldehyde from the air makes it a great choice for keeping harmful
elements out of your air.
3. - Aloe: This plant does love bright sun, but is also great at removing chemicals from the air often added by common cleaning products. If those chemicals start overwhelming the aloe plant, it
will act as a canary in the coalmine by showing brown spots.
4. - Snake Plant: While most plants provide better air throughout the home by taking in carbon dioxide during the day and releasing oxygen, they usually reverse course at night. Not the snake
plant, which releases oxygen all night long,
making this low-maintenance plant the perfect choice for sleeping areas.
5. - Red-Edged Dracaena: A great choice if you'd like a spot of color, this plant removes trichloroethylene, xylene and formaldehyde.
Want more info on what to grow for clean air? Check out NASA's tips for the best plants to keep air clean while
travelling to outer
space! Check out this article if you're looking for additional tips to reduce allergies around the home.
Sources: Your Month-by-Month Guide to Allergies, 10 Best Plants for Cleaning Indoor Air, 10 Best Plants
for Cleaning Indoor Air, 9 Air-Cleaning Houseplants That Are Almost Impossible to Kill, 10 Houseplants For A Restful Home, and 5 health
benefits of houseplants
Expand your knowledge - Click here to see all our helpful tips